August 15, 2014

Let's Talk... Bookshelves

Recently I procured two large, new, beautiful bookshelves. They were badly needed. I had stacks and stacks of books sitting around with no home. It was sad, really. So, I brought my new shelves home, piled all my beautiful books up around me... and had absolutely no clue what to do with them. I wish I could've just waved my hands and had everything organized the way I wanted.


But, that was the question, right? How did I want them organized? By genre? By author? Did I want to keep hardbacks together? ARCs together? GAH!

So, what I ultimately decided on was to sort by age group (MG, YA, NA, etc.), then by author's last name. I put my YA books on my brandy new shelves since they're the biggest and I have more YA books than any other.


And, let me tell you - they are PRETTY. All the way from Jocelyn Adams to Michelle Zink, my books are now looking goooooood. 

I only have a few middle grade books. They took up less than one shelf. 


Then, in the darker corner that my kids are too scared to go in, is where I house my NA and Adult books. My so-called "naughty shelves." 

NA happiness

Adult steaminess

So, how do your shelves stack up? How do you have them organized? Are they organized or just sitting in piles in every room of your house? Tell me about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shelves! And an oh-so awesome collection!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I also have my separated by genre scifi / fantasy / romance / paranormal / and YA , then by author. I like how you've organized yours!

Aldrea Alien said...

Mine are sadly crammed onto the shelves wherever they fit. That's not including the avalanche stacked before one shelf and the boxes scattered about the house...

I seriously need to sort through them.