December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR

I define "Winter TBR" as the books I plan to read before the end of winter the end of March 2014.

1. Up From The Grave (Night Huntress #7), by Jeaniene Frost - This is the final word from Cat and Bones. It will be an incredibly bittersweet read, but one I'm so looking forward to.

2. Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3), by Veronica Rossi - I just realized I'm putting a lot of series enders on this list. Into the Still Blue is sure to be an epic end to Perry's and Aria's story. And, hopefully Roar too. Am I the only one convinced that he and Liv will have their HEA too?

3. White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1), by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I've read Bitter Sweet Love, and the novella has given me enough insight into Jennifer Armentrout's new world of gargoyles to know that that one novella was not nearly enough.

4. Secret (Elemental #4), by Brigid Kemmerer - I love those Merrick brothers like I love doughnuts. And, I am so looking forward to sweet Nick's story.

5. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3), by Tahereh Mafi - I will be reading Ignite Me with great trepidation in February. Anything less than Juliette's HEA happening with Adam will leave me disappointed.

6. Be With Me (Wait For You #2), by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I was the idiot who received the first six chapters of Be With Me for pre-ordering Trust In Me. AND I READ THEM. I need to finish reading this book so badly.

7. Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6), by Jennifer Estep - Poor Gwen has had such a rough go of it. I'm really looking forward to her finally kicking some reaper ass and finding some downtime with Logan.

8. Avalon (Avalon #1), by Mindee Arnett - I've heard so many good things about this book, and I've been really jonesing for a good sci-fi book lately. And that cover - goodness, it's gorgeous. Bonus points for that.

9. Take a Chance, by Abbi Glines - I've been intrigued by Grants since the moment Blaire pointed a gun at him. He now gets his own book. February can't come soon enough.

10. After the End (After the End #1), by Amy Plum - I was a huge fan of Amy Plum's Revenants series. This looks like something completely different, and I'm so excited to read it. 




19 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Up from the Grave! Squee!! I chose books from my TBR pile already that I am hoping to read this winter! Didn't think to add in new releases!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy these books :-) There are so many series that are ending next year!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Mythos Academy is, but I am intrigued--- checking it out on goodreads as soon as I finish commenting. haha Love that you are a Jennifer Armentrout fan! I love her! Also, good call on Ignite Me and Into the Still Blue-- I can't believe those series are going to be OVER!

BrittanyL said...

I just finished Secret last week, and it is brilliant! You will not be disappointed.
I'm also so super excited for Avalon.
Also a huge fan of Amy Plum. After The End looks great.

Fantastic list! :)

Hope to see you stopping by mine:http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-winter-tbr.html

Anonymous said...

I don't know if your a member of Edelweiss, but they have Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3), by Veronica Rossi available to request a digital copy of ☺ You should check it out! If approved, you wouldn't have to wait until the end of January to read it ☺

Anonymous said...

I don't know if your a member of Edelweiss, but they have Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3), by Veronica Rossi available to request a digital copy of ☺ You should check it out! If approved, you wouldn't have to wait until the end of January to read it ☺

Mary H said...

YES to Ignite Me and White Hot Kiss (Bitter Sweet Love was amazing and I need WHK asap) and Be With Me (JASE) and After the End! I will probably end up reading Take a Chance, but honestly, I'm no longer a big Glines fan. She's just disappointed me too many times. :(

Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
My TTT

Anonymous said...

I've seen Avalon on several lists this week, though I admit I haven't actually heard of it. Though I may need to check out at some point.
My TTT.

Mo_books said...

You have a few great ones on your list that didn't make it on mine but my TBR isn't written in stone, I might need to make some changes. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

Doris @ OABR said...

I don't want Into The Still blue to be the last book, I love that series.
I added WHK to my list too, I NEED TO READ IT ALREADY!

Our TTT
Doris @ OABR

Anonymous said...

Excellent list :) I am dying for Into The Still Blue! This series has just been so sweet! Have you read the novellas? Also good :)

~Caitlin

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Great list!! Be With Me and White Hot Kiss made my list too! I didn't know about a new Abbi Glines and now I am off to add that to my TBR!!

My TTT

Unknown said...

I really want to read After the End too! And I need to start on the Under the Never Sky series, I bought the first book when it came out but it got lost in the ever growing monster of a TBR pile I have!

Thanks for stopping by my Teaser & Top Ten. :)

kimberlybuggie said...

I'm super sad that Cat & Bones is ending, but I'm hoping they'll get an amazing last book! Great list. Also, I can't wait for Into The Still Blue. Great series!
Happy Reading!
My TTT

Courtney said...

Avalon does look like an interesting YA Sci-Fi. I might have to check that one out.

starryeyedjen said...

So many awesome books! I keep forgetting about the last Cat & Bones book! I think I'm avoiding it because it will be so bittersweet. :( I can't wait to get to Into the Still Blue and I am DYING for Ignite Me. I'll definitely be checking out Adam's novella. ;)

yaescapefromreality said...

I haven't read anything by Amy Plume. I will definitely check out that series. ~Sheri

Erica (The Reading Kitten) said...

Great picks! I want to read most of these as well. I just finished Secret and it was amazing! :) Not sure if you'll get the HEA of Adam & Juliette, though. People seem to be all Team Warner these days :P

Unknown said...

Into the Still Blue was awesome! I still have to read Spirit before I can get to Secret, but I love the Merrick bothers too. Be With Me is a must!

Thanks for stopping by :)