June 13, 2013

REVIEW: Entwined With You (Crossfire #3)

Entwined With You (Crossfire #3), by Sylvia Day
Published June 4, 2013
Publisher:  Berkley Publishing Group
Format: paperback - I own
Genre:  Adult Contemporary Romance
To Buy:  Amazon  * Barnes & Noble * Book Depository

Rating:  4 STARS

(From Goodreads) From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…


Gideon Cross. Gideon. Cross. Masculine. Sexy. Hot. Sweet. YUM.

Good Heavens. My review of Entwined With You has been reduced to single-word sentences. Maybe this should give you an inkling as to why:
"You're what drives me, Eva. Can you understand that? You're my heart and soul. If something ever happened to you, if would kill me too. Keeping you safe is goddamned self-preservation!"
I know, right? A total case of the "sighs."

I found out right before reading Entwined With You that the Crossfire series will be expanded into two additional books, for a total of five. After reading this book, I'm glad. Compared to Reflected In You, there was almost no action. Not a lot of forward plot progression. Instead of focusing on the forces around Gideon and Eva that threaten to pull them apart, Entwined With You looked more at how the two of them are now working together as an official couple.

In the previous novels, Eva had some serious trust issues, and thankfully, it seems that she's finally worked through those and now has a much more mature outlook on their relationship.
"Now I know what it's like to lose you, Gideon. How badly it hurts. If you shut me out, it's probably going to make me panic a little. You'll just have to be careful of that, and I'll just have to trust that your love is going to stick."
And, let's not forget about the sex. Oh yes - in true Sylvia Day fashion, there's lots of it, and it is absolutely amazing.

There are new plot devices that are introduced that will carry the story forward. Although Gideon and Eva seem to have reached a good place together, that doesn't mean that there aren't a hundred outside forces still trying to pull them apart. Brett the rock star is back and he still wants Eva. Corine is still around and her efforts to get Gideon back have reached epic proportion. Cary and his issues might be problematic. I expect plenty of drama in the fourth book.

And, in the meantime, I will just have to be content with re-reading my favorite parts of Entwined With You over and over again.
"I'd stop the world from spinning for you."
That silly line oddly touched me. "I love you."
"Liked that one, did you?"... "You'll never lose me, angel," he vowed. "Wherever you go, however far, I'll be right here with you."

No comments: